Hi friends, today, I’m proudly announcing the release of my new online course, titled “Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners“.
Below, you can learn more about the course, in terms of how it can help you, to easily get started with Azure SQL Database, both Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
Cloud Computing is the Future
Cloud Computing is the future and databases are the backbone of just about everything in Computing, because data is everywhere. Imagine knowing how to fully manage data in a powerful Cloud Computing platform such as Microsoft Azure. Such knowledge is a must, not only for your personal development as an IT Engineer, Database Administrator or Developer, but also for staying up to date with the latest trends and technologies when it comes to database systems.
How Can this Course Help You?
This course has been carefully designed, in order to help you getting started with Azure SQL Database fast and easy. Via a well-structured curriculum, it starts with the very basics of Azure SQL Database, and then it moves to a more intermediate-level of knowledge on how you can manage your Azure SQL Database Servers both as a platform (PaaS) and Virtual Machines (IaaS).
Learn more about Azure SQL Database: Enroll to our Online Course!
Enroll to our online course on Udemy titled “Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners” and get lifetime access to high-quality lessons and hands-on guides about all aspects of Azure SQL Database.
Below, you can find the course’s agenda.
- Introducing the Azure Portal
- Meet Azure Portal
- Creating your First Azure SQL Database
- Create the SQL Database and Server
- Firewall Settings
- Accessing Azure SQL Database
- Accessing SQL Database from within Azure Portal
- Accessing SQL Database from SQL Server Management Studio
- Accessing SQL Database from Azure Data Studio
- Managing your Azure SQL Database Server
- Azure SQL Server Management Components
- Azure SQL Server Dashboard, Activity Logs and Access Control
- Azure SQL Server Settings
- Azure SQL Server Security
- Azure SQL Server Performance
- Azure SQL Server Support & Troubleshooting
- Creating an Azure SQL Server Virtual Machine
- Let’s Create an Azure SQL Server Virtual Machine
- Accessing your SQL Server Instance an Azure Virtual Machine
- Set the Firewall Rules
- Accessing the Virtual Machine via RDP
- Accessing the Virtual Machine SQL Instance via SQL Server Management Studio
- Accessing the Virtual Machine SQL Instance via Azure Data Studio
- Special Topics
- Tips on SQL Server Agent Functionality in Azure SQL Database
- How to Enable Stretch Database in SQL Server
- What we’ve Learned in this Course
- Practice Test
- Learning More
- Bonus Lecture
Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server and Databases
- Willingness and excitement to learn something new!
After the Course:
- You will be able to navigate in Azure Portal and create, manage and use resources and services.
- You will be able to create and configure your first Azure SQL Database Server and database (platform as a service – PaaS).
- You will be able to configure and manage firewall settings.
- You will be able to access your Azure SQL Database using your on-premises tools such as SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Azure Data Studio.
- You will be able to manage your Azure SQL Database Server.
- You will be able to create and configure Azure SQL Server Virtual Machines (infrastructure as a service – IaaS)
- You will be able to connect to your Azure SQL Server virtual machine via:
- RDP (Windows access)
- SQL Server Management Studio (SQL access)
- Azure Data Studio (SQL access)
Watch the Course PreviewEnroll from $12.99
What Does the Course Offer:
- 2 hours of high-quality video lectures and guides
- Step by step live demonstrations and guides that can help you get started with Azure SQL Database
- Downloadable resources with useful information and links
- Useful quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
- A major practice test in the end of the course
- Ability to ask the instructor questions via the Q&A section
- Certificate on course completion
Who this course is for:
- IT Professionals
- Database Administrators
- Database Developers
- SQL Server Engineers
Featured Online Courses:
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New
- Entity Framework: Getting Started (Complete Beginners Guide)
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Comparison of SQL Server Deployment Options on the Azure Cloud Platform
- Creating Azure SQL Database Logins and Users
- Azure Resource Cost Estimation and Management
- Enabling Auditing in Azure SQL Database
- Learn Azure Data Lake Analytics by Example
- Azure Cosmos DB: Learn by Example
- What is Azure Advisor?
- How to Create an Azure SQL Server Virtual Machine
- How to Backup a SQL Server Database from On-Premises to Azure Storage
- Learn Azure SQL Database: Creating your First Database
- Built-In JSON Support in SQL Server and Azure SQL Database
- … all our Azure SQL Database articles
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date with our latest articles on SQL Server and related technologies!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior Database and Software Architect, Certified Database, Cloud and AI professional, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.