Easily Create and Modify T-SQL Snippets for SQL Server
With Snippets Generator, you can easily create new snippets as well as modify existing SQL Server snippet files.
Using T-SQL code snippets in SQL Server Management Studio is a handy way of reusing code without having to type it again or locate it in a folder in order to open it and run it.
List of Features
- Create T-SQL Snippets and Modify Existing Ones
- Easily generate T-SQL snippets. Also, can edit existing T-SQL snippets.
- Basic Syntax Highlighting
- Basic syntax highlighting can help you write T-SQL easier and be more productive during the snippet creation or modification process.
- *Snippets Template Library
- With the snippets template library, you can use templates of commonly used T-SQL scripts in order to help you create your SQL Server snippet easier. Also you can save snippets as custom templates.
- Code Formatting
- Basic code formatting in also available in the snippet’s T-SQL code editor.
- **Program Options
- Set your own defaults via the Program Options (new feature**)
Why we Built Snippets Generator
Code snippets is a handy way of reusing pieces of code you frequently need. As in many development environments, SQL Server 2012 or later supports code snippets. With Snippets Generator you can create or modify existing snippet files easily, using an intelligent GUI. You do not need to know XML, etc. in order to do this. You just use Snippets Generator, enter the T-SQL script, generate the snippet file and that’s it! Right after that you can just import the snippet into SQL Server’s Management Studio.
Compare Editions of Snippets Generator
|Modify Existing Snippets||
|Use Built-In Snippet Templates||
|Create Custom Snippet Templates in Library||
|Use and Set Program Options||
|Max Allowed Number of Characters in Snippet’s T-SQL Code (including whitespaces)||
What’s New and System Requirements
Latest Version: 3.3
- Release number: 3.3
- Build number: 20180330_1
- Release date: March 30, 2018
- Brand new GUI
- Program Options feature
- Bug fixes
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 Transact-SQL ScriptDom (x86)
- Supported SQL Server versions: 2012 or later.
Download the Community Edition
The trial version of Snippets Generator, is actually a Community Edition, which allows you to use the most ofthe tool’s functionality but with some restrictions. However, the set of unlocked features in the Community Edition of Snippet Generator are enough to help you see its value and usefulness. Then, you might consider purchasing the Ultimate Edition and get access to the full power of Snippets Generator.
Download Snippets Generator 3.3 (Community Edition):
* Snippets Generator, up to version 3.1 was released under the brand name “SQLArtBits”.
Purchase the Ultimate Edition of Snippets Generator
Purchase the Ultimate Edition of Snippets Generator and unlock all features.
Features you get with the Ultimate Edition:
- No restrictions to the T-SQL snippets number of total characters
- Program Options functionality
- You can create custom snippet templates and store them in the Snippet Templates Library
Price for single license: $14.95 (time-limited offer)
 A single purchased license for Snippets Generator’s Ultimate Edition allows up to two (2) activations for different hardware configurations but only on the same computer. To this end, if you make extensive changes to your computer’s hardware, you can generate a new activation code and run the activation process again. This can only take place once. This means that the after you make use of the second activation (for the same computer), you will not be provided with additional free activations in case of further hardware changes to your computer. In such case, you will need to purchase a new license for the Ultimate Edition and perform a new activation (read the EULA for more info).
 During the activation process, and after you enter the serial key that you were provided during your purchase of the Ultimate Edition license of Snippets Generator, you need to retrieve and submit to SQLNetHub an “Activation Code”. The activation code is a unique hardware hash (a hash is a numeric value derived through a mathematical formula and based upon some other, original value) that is created by running 2 different pieces of information from the computer’s hardware components (BIOS id, Mainboard id) through a one-way mathematical transformation. This means that the resultant hash value cannot be backwards calculated to determine the original values and it ensures complete anonymity. This process was developed in order to maintain the user’s privacy and it is only used to deter piracy.
Last but not least you can find here the End-User License Agreement for Snippets Generator.
Screenshots of Snippets Generator
Title: Developing with SQL Server (Second Edition)
Author: Artemakis Artemiou, B.Sc., M.Sc., MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MVP
Learn how you can efficiently program in SQL Server. Learn about different T-SQL constructs and get useful T-SQL tips. Learn how you can work with unstructured data, data access and more.
Other Recommended Software Tools
- DBA Security Advisor
- In-Memory OLTP Simulator
- Dynamic SQL Generator
- SQL Instance Info Finder
- SQL Multi-Exporter
- File Splitter
Rate this tool: