A few days ago I published a 38-page technical paper titled “In-Memory OLTP Simulator: The Experiment“.
What Does the Paper Discuss?
This paper presents a series of simulations for a specific scenario against different workload sizes. The paper discusses the findings of these simulations by describing how the entire process was designed using In-Memory OLTP Simulator, as well as by observing and analyzing the performance trends after executing the different versions of the scenario against SQL Server’s In-Memory OLTP Engine.
The highlight of the paper is the fact that for a workload of 5M records, I achieved breakthrough performance with a speedup of 26x over disk-based tables!
You can download the paper here.
Enroll to the Online Course!
Enroll to our online course titled “Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP” and learn how to harness the power of SQL Server’s In-Memory Optimization and Boost the Performance of your Data Processes!
Featured Online Courses:
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- The Philosophy and Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to Data Science and SQL Server Machine Learning
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introducing In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server
- In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server: A Simple Experiment
- In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server: Will my Workload Execute Faster?
- Getting Started with SQL Server In-Memory OLTP – Part 1
- Getting Started with SQL Server In-Memory OLTP – Part 2
- Where are temporary tables stored in SQL Server?
- SQL Server 2016: TempDB Enhancements
- tempdb growth
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel (SQLNetHub TV)
Easily generate SQL code snippets with Snippets Generator!
Convert static T-SQL to dynamic and vice versa with Dynamic SQL Generator.
Secure your SQL Server instances with DBA Security Advisor.
Benchmark SQL Server memory-optimized tables with In-Memory OLTP Simulator.
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018) and a Udemy Instructor. He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA). Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.