A few days ago I published a 38-page technical paper titled “In-Memory OLTP Simulator: The Experiment“.
What Does the Paper Discuss?
This paper presents a series of simulations for a specific scenario against different workload sizes. The paper discusses the findings of these simulations by describing how the entire process was designed using In-Memory OLTP Simulator, as well as by observing and analyzing the performance trends after executing the different versions of the scenario against SQL Server’s In-Memory OLTP Engine.
The highlight of the paper is the fact that for a workload of 5M records, I achieved breakthrough performance with a speedup of 26x over disk-based tables!
You can download the paper here.
- Introducing In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server
- In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server: A Simple Experiment
- In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server: Will my Workload Execute Faster?
- Getting Started with SQL Server In-Memory OLTP – Part 1
- Getting Started with SQL Server In-Memory OLTP – Part 2
- Where are temporary tables stored in SQL Server?
- SQL Server 2016: TempDB Enhancements
- tempdb growth
Check our other related SQL Server Performancearticles.
Subscribe to our newsletterand stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check out Artemakis’s eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)