Hi friends, in this post, we will be discussing about Data Management and more specifically, we will be answering the question: “What is Data Management and why it is Important?”
About Data Management
Data Management, is a set of practices and guidelines, that establish the proper procedures for:
- Acquiring data
- Storing and Organizing data
- Processing data
- Securing data
- Complying with data privacy and protection laws and regulations
Why is Data Management Important?
Data Management is very important, as it helps to:
- Minimize potential data-related errors (aka Data Integrity and Quality)
- Secure your data in terms of:
- Unauthorized access
- Redundancy and high availability
- Optimize the use of data within the organization and help complying with data privacy and protection laws and regulations
Infographic: Relation Between Data Governance and Data Management
In the below infographic, we display the relation between Data Governance and Data Management.
Watch the video lecture – What is Data Management?
Enroll to our course: Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles
Enroll to the course with a major discount and get started with learning the main Data Management principles!
Featured Online Courses:
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles (Course Preview)
- Differences Between Batch and Streaming Data
- What is Data Security and which are its Main Characteristics?
- Data Security vs. Data Privacy
- What are NoSQL Databases?
- What is Data Compliance within the Data Management Scope?
- How to Connect to SQL Server Databases from a Python Program
- How to Resolve: [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)
- Useful Python Programming Tips
- Main Data Structures in Python
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases (Course Preview)
- How to Write to a Text File from a C++ Program
- How to Establish a Simple Connection from a C# Program to SQL Server
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
- Closing a C# Application (including hidden forms)
- Changing the startup form in a C# project
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel (SQLNetHub TV)
Easily generate snippets with Snippets Generator!
Secure your databases using DBA Security Advisor!
Generate dynamic T-SQL scripts with Dynamic SQL Generator!
Check our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior Database and Software Architect, Certified Database, Cloud and AI professional, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.