Hi friends, in this article, we will be discussing about, what Data Compliance is, within the Data Management scope.
What is Data Compliance?
Data Compliance, is part of Data Management.
It is the set of practices and strict controls applied within an organization in order to comply with the regulations (i.e. laws), guidelines and standards for data protection.
The main goal of Data Compliance, is to ensure that the data is kept secure and private.
Data that are protected by the proper processes, policies and controls for preventing “unauthorized access” to it, as well as, are being kept available in the event of a disaster, can be characterized as “secure data”.
Private data, is the data that contain personally identifiable information (PII), sensitive data (i.e. passwords, card numbers, etc.) and any other type of data that cannot be exposed to the public.
What is the Importance of Data Compliance?
Helps organizations to build trust with their customers
…Via correctly and fully complying with the data protection laws and regulations
Helps organizations maintain their reputation by minimizing the risk of bad publicity and financial damage (i.e. avoid fines from data protection authorities)
…By being fully compliant with the data protection laws and regulations
Learn more about the Principles of Data Management – Enroll to the Course
Enroll to our course on Udemy, titled “Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles” with a major discount and get started with learning the main Data Management principles, as well as, learn about the transition process towards becoming a data-driven organization.
Watch our video about Data ComplianceEnroll to the Course
Featured Online Courses:
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles (Course Preview)
- Differences Between Batch and Streaming Data
- What are NoSQL Databases?
- What is Data Security and which are its Main Characteristics?
- Data Security vs. Data Privacy
- What is Data Management and why it is Important?
- How to Connect to SQL Server Databases from a Python Program
- How to Resolve: [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)
- Useful Python Programming Tips
- Main Data Structures in Python
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases (Course Preview)
- How to Write to a Text File from a C++ Program
- How to Establish a Simple Connection from a C# Program to SQL Server
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
- Closing a C# Application (including hidden forms)
- Changing the startup form in a C# project
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
- Missing parentheses in call to ‘print’. did you mean print(…) – How to Resolve in Python
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel (SQLNetHub TV)
Easily generate snippets with Snippets Generator!
Secure your databases using DBA Security Advisor!
Generate dynamic T-SQL scripts with Dynamic SQL Generator!
Check our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior Database and Software Architect, Certified Database, Cloud and AI professional, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.