In this post, we will be comparing Data Security vs. Data Privacy and try to identify their main difference.
So in order to efficiently perform this comparison, we need to define what data security is as well, as what data privacy is.
What is Data Security?
As covered in a previous article, defines the processes, policies and controls for preventing unauthorized access to your data, thus keeping it secure and private, as well as keeping the data available in the event of a disaster.
What is Data Privacy?
On the other hand, Data Privacy is part of Data Compliance. Data Privacy, defines who has access to which data.
Moreover, it defines how the data is stored and where it is stored.
Being part of Data Compliance, the purpose of Data Privacy, is to ensure that the data is kept secure and private, thus comply with data protection laws, regulations and guidelines.
Comparing Data Security with Data Privacy
Based on the above, by summarizing the comparison between Data Security and Data Privacy, we can say that Data Security prevents unauthorized access to the data and Data Privacy governs who has access to the data and how the data is used or shared.
Learn More about Data Management – Enroll to the Course
Enroll to our course on Udemy, titled “Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles” with a major discount and get started with learning the main Data Management principles, as well as, learn about the transition process towards becoming a data-driven organization.
Watch the course preview
Watch our video in which we compare Data Security with Data Privacy
Watch our video about Data ComplianceEnroll to the Course
Featured Online Courses:
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles (Course Preview)
- What are NoSQL Databases?
- Differences Between Batch and Streaming Data
- What is Data Security and which are its Main Characteristics?
- What is Data Management and why it is Important?
- How to Connect to SQL Server Databases from a Python Program
- How to Resolve: [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)
- Useful Python Programming Tips
- Main Data Structures in Python
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases (Course Preview)
- How to Write to a Text File from a C++ Program
- How to Establish a Simple Connection from a C# Program to SQL Server
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
- Closing a C# Application (including hidden forms)
- Changing the startup form in a C# project
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
- Missing parentheses in call to ‘print’. did you mean print(…) – How to Resolve in Python
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel (SQLNetHub TV)
Easily generate snippets with Snippets Generator!
Secure your databases using DBA Security Advisor!
Generate dynamic T-SQL scripts with Dynamic SQL Generator!
Check our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou, a distinguished Senior Database and Software Architect, brings over 20 years of expertise to the IT industry. A Certified Database, Cloud, and AI professional, he earned the Microsoft Data Platform MVP title for nine consecutive years (2009-2018). As the founder of SQLNetHub and GnoelixiAI Hub, Artemakis is dedicated to sharing his knowledge and democratizing education on various fields such as: Databases, Cloud, AI, and Software Development. His commitment to simplicity and knowledge sharing defines his impactful presence in the tech community.