Hi there! In a previous article, we have discussed about the available MySQL deployment options in Azure. In this new article, we will be discussing about the available Azure Database for MySQL server management components.
Available Server Management Components for MySQL on the Azure Cloud Platform
The server management components for MySQL server on the Azure platform, is a rich set of components, that enables you to efficiently manage your Azure Database for MySQL, mainly focusing on performance and monitoring aspects.
Note that, if you are using the PaaS MySQL deployment options on Azure, that means that other database administration tasks, are handled by the Azure Platform, such as: patching, backups, high availability, security, etc.
In the below list, you can see the categories of server management components and features for Azure Database for MySQL:
- Overview, Activity Log and IAM
- Intelligent Performance
- Support + troubleshooting
Let’s discuss more about these categories of features.
Overview, Activity Log and IAM
Under this server management category, you have access to the server overview, activity log and identity and access management (IAM).
Moreover, you can manage tags, as well as, use the “diagnose and solve problems” feature.
Under the “Settings” management category, you can use the following features:
- Connection security
- Connection strings
- Server parameters
- Active Directory admin
- Pricing tier
Under the “Intelligent Performance” category, you can use the below features:
- Query Performance Insight
- Performance recommendations
Under the “Monitoring” category, you can manage your MySQL Server on Azure, using the below set of features:
- Diagnostic settings
- Server logs
Under the “Automation” category, you can use the below 2 features:
- Export template
Support + Troubleshooting
Under the “Support + troubleshooting” category, you can use the below 2 features:
- Resource health
- New support request
Learn all about MySQL on Azure – Enroll to our course!
Via our course, among other, you will learn about the different MySQL deployment options in Azure and how to create an Azure Database for MySQL server, using the Platform as a Service (PaaS) deployment option. Moreover, you will learn how to access Azure Database for MySQL from on-premises, using MySQL Workbench and the mysql command line tool, as well as, how to efficiently manage your Azure Database for MySQL server, using the available tools and features in Azure Portal.
Watch our video lecture the MySQL server management components in Azure
The below video lecture, is part of our online course on Udemy, titled “Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL“.
Featured Online Courses:
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL (Course Preview)
- Azure Cosmos DB: Learn by Example
- Learn Azure SQL Database: Creating your First Database
- How to Create an Azure SQL Server Virtual Machine
- How to Backup a SQL Server Database from On-Premises to Azure Storage
- Learn Azure Data Lake Analytics by Example
- What is Azure Advisor?
- … all our Azure-related articles
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel (SQLNetHub TV)
Easily generate snippets with Snippets Generator!
Secure your databases using DBA Security Advisor!
Generate dynamic T-SQL scripts with Dynamic SQL Generator!
Check our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA). Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.