If you are trying to install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable, under certain circumstances you might get the error message: The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
As it can be figured out from the error message, VCRUNTIME140.dll refers to the Visual C++ redistributable which is a prerequisite for many things in Windows. So, in this case, you need to download “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015“.
After you download and install the above redistributable, you can try again installing the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable.
In my case, after installing “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015”, the installation of “Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable” completed without any issues.
Strengthen your SQL Server Administration Skills – Enroll to our Online Course!
Check our online course on Udemy titled “Essential SQL Server Administration Tips”
(special limited-time discount included in link).
Via the course, you will learn essential hands-on SQL Server Administration tips on SQL Server maintenance, security, performance, integration, error handling and more. Many live demonstrations and downloadable resources included!
Also, feel free to check out our eBooks on SQL Server!
Featured Online Courses:
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- The Philosophy and Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to Data Science and SQL Server Machine Learning
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
Check our SQL Server Security-Related Articles:
- How to Enable SSL Certificate-Based Encryption on a SQL Server Failover Cluster
- Why You Need to Secure Your SQL Server Instances
- Policy-Based Management in SQL Server
- Should Windows “Built-In\Administrators” Group be SQL Server SysAdmins?
- Frequent Password Expiration: Time to Revise it?
- The “Public” Database Role in SQL Server
- Encrypting SQL Server Databases
- 10 Facts About SQL Server Transparent Data Encryption
- Encrypting a SQL Server Database Backup
Check our latest software releases!
Easily generate snippets with Snippets Generator!
Secure your databases using DBA Security Advisor!
Convert static T-SQL to dynamic and vice versa with Dynamic SQL Generator.
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018) and a Udemy Instructor. He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA). Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.