A few days ago I was searching within the SQL Server 2017 Feature Pack for Shared Management Objets (SMO).
I first checked SQL Server 2017 Feature Pack, but I could not find SMO there.
With a bit more searching, I found the official MS Docs article, which explains that beginning with SQL Server 2017, Shared Management Objects (SMO) are distributed as the Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects NuGet package to allow users to develop applications with SMO.
Therefore, any applications that use SMO need to take this change into consideration and be updated accordingly.
Learn What’s New in SQL Server 2019!
Learn about the exciting new features and enhancements in SQL Server 2019 Database. Many live demonstrations included!Enroll Now with Discount!
Learn Essential SQL Server Administration Tips!
Learn essential hands-on SQL Server Administration tips on SQL Server maintenance, security, performance, integration, error handling and more!Enroll Now with Discount!
Feel free to check our other relevant articles on SQL Server troubleshooting:
- How to Resolve: The description for Event ID 1 from source msodbcsql13 cannot be found.
- How to Resolve: Bulk load data conversion error (type mismatch or invalid character for the specified codepage)…
- How to Resolve: Cannot Connect to WMI Provider (SQL Server Configuration Manager)
- Error converting data type varchar to numeric
- Error converting data type varchar to float
- SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Unable to connect to server ‘(local)’; SQLServerAgent cannot start)
- ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified
- There is no SQL Server Failover Cluster Available to Join
- There is insufficient system memory in resource pool ‘internal’ to run this query.
- The SELECT permission was denied on the object ‘extended_properties’, database ‘mssqlsystemresource’, schema ‘sys’.
- … all SQL Server troubleshooting articles
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check out Artemakis’s eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, and a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA).