This short tip is about how to handle the following error message, in case you get it when you install SQL Server 2019 CTP or RC: An error occurred for a dependency of the feature causing the setup process for the feature to fail.
How to Resolve the Issue
What you can try for resolving the issue, is to copy the below msi files from the SQL Server 2019 installation media onto a temporary folder on a local drive on your machine (i.e. c:\temp).
After you copy the above files, run each one of them and when prompted to select one of the “Modify”, “Repair” or “Delete” options, choose the “Modify” option (see below example for msodbcsql).
Then make sure that you chose all components to be installed on the local hard drive:
After you complete the installation of sqlncli, msoledbsql and msodbcsql, restart the computer and try again to install SQL Server 2019.
Hope that helps!
In my case, this worked like a charm!
Featured Online Courses:
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips (new)
- The Philosophy and Fundamentals of Computer Programming (new)
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New
- Entity Framework: Getting Started (Ultimate Beginners Guide)
- SQL Server Fundamentals (SQL Database for Beginners)
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server
- Get Started with SQL Server in 30 Minutes
Feel free to check our other relevant articles on SQL Server troubleshooting:
- How to Resolve: The description for Event ID 1 from source msodbcsql13 cannot be found.
- How to Resolve: Bulk load data conversion error (type mismatch or invalid character for the specified codepage)…
- How to Resolve: Cannot Connect to WMI Provider (SQL Server Configuration Manager)
- Error converting data type varchar to numeric
- Error converting data type varchar to float
- SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Unable to connect to server ‘(local)’; SQLServerAgent cannot start)
- ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified
- There is no SQL Server Failover Cluster Available to Join
- There is insufficient system memory in resource pool ‘internal’ to run this query.
- The SELECT permission was denied on the object ‘extended_properties’, database ‘mssqlsystemresource’, schema ‘sys’.
- … all SQL Server troubleshooting articles
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check out Artemakis’s eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)