This article and video, helps you learn how you can use the ClickOnce Visual Studio component, for deploying your .NET Windows Forms apps (WinForms apps). The video presented in this article, is part of my online course “.NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)“.
The Need for a Deployment Method for your .NET App
Right after you finish the development of your application software (app), you need to provide an easy way for the end-users, in order to deploy your application on their computers.
Deploying your app means, that you provide an efficient way for your end-users, to install, run and update your app on their computers.
There are various tools and methodologies, that can help you create a deployment package/process for your .NET app.
One of these tools is the ClickOnce component in Visual Studio.
Let’s learn more about it.
The ClickOnce Component in Visual Studio
The ClickOnce component in Visual Studio, helps you to easily create deployment packages, for your .NET apps created with Windows Forms (WinForms) or Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Among other, it supports creating deployment processes for both installed & online apps, as well as, it allows you to create self-updating app deployments.
It is very easy to use the ClickOnce component in Visual Studio for your app deployment needs. You can watch the video below, in which I demonstrate, how to create a software deployment package, for a .NET Windows Forms (WinForms) app.
Watch the Video: “Using ClickOnce for Deploying your .NET Windows Forms Applications”
In the below video, you will learn how you can use the ClickOnce Visual Studio component, for deploying your .NET Windows Forms applications. Note that this video, is part of my online course “.NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)“.
Enroll from $12.99
Enroll to the Course and Get Started with .NET Windows Forms Development in C#
Feel free to enroll to my online course “.NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)“.
In this course for beginners, you will get started with .NET Windows Forms (WinForms) Programming using Visual Studio and the C# Programming Language. You will learn the basics of .NET Windows Forms, event handling, multithreading and how you can create deployment packages for your .NET Windows Forms programs, directly via Visual Studio, using the ClickOnce component.
Last but not least, throughout the course, we will be developing in different phases, a Text Editor demo app, using Visual Studio, C# and Windows Forms.
Featured Online Courses:
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Data Management for Beginners – Main Principles
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms (C#)
- The Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot declare instance members in a static class
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
- How to Build a Simple Image Viewer with .NET WinForms and C# in Visual Studio
- The type or namespace name ‘Office’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Microsoft’ – How to Resolve
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior Database and Software Architect, Certified Database, Cloud and AI professional, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.