This article and video, helps you learn how you can use the ClickOnce Visual Studio component, for deploying your .NET Windows Forms apps (WinForms apps). The video presented in this article, is part of my online course “.NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)“.
The Need for a Deployment Method for your .NET App
Right after you finish the development of your application software (app), you need to provide an easy way for the end-users, in order to deploy your application on their computers.
Deploying your app means, that you provide an efficient way for your end-users, to install, run and update your app on their computers.
There are various tools and methodologies, that can help you create a deployment package/process for your .NET app.
One of these tools is the ClickOnce component in Visual Studio.
Let’s learn more about it.
The ClickOnce Component in Visual Studio
The ClickOnce component in Visual Studio, helps you to easily create deployment packages, for your .NET apps created with Windows Forms (WinForms) or Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Among other, it supports creating deployment processes for both installed & online apps, as well as, it allows you to create self-updating app deployments.
It is very easy to use the ClickOnce component in Visual Studio for your app deployment needs. You can watch the video below, in which I demonstrate, how to create a software deployment package, for a .NET Windows Forms (WinForms) app.
Watch the Video: “Using ClickOnce for Deploying your .NET Windows Forms Applications”
In the below video, you will learn how you can use the ClickOnce Visual Studio component, for deploying your .NET Windows Forms applications. Note that this video, is part of my online course “.NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)“.
Enroll Now with Discount!
Enroll to the Course and Get Started with .NET Windows Forms Development in C#
Feel free to enroll to my online course “.NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)“.
In this course for beginners, you will get started with .NET Windows Forms (WinForms) Programming using Visual Studio and the C# Programming Language. You will learn the basics of .NET Windows Forms, event handling, multithreading and how you can create deployment packages for your .NET Windows Forms programs, directly via Visual Studio, using the ClickOnce component.
Last but not least, throughout the course, we will be developing in different phases, a Text Editor demo app, using Visual Studio, C# and Windows Forms.Enroll Now with Discount!
Featured Online Courses:
- .NET Programming for Beginners: Windows Forms (C#)
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals (SQL Database for Beginners)
- The Philosophy and Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- Introduction to Data Science and SQL Server Machine Learning
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New
- Entity Framework: Getting Started (Ultimate Beginners Guide)
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server
- Get Started with SQL Server in 30 Minutes
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms (C#)
- The Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot declare instance members in a static class
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check out Artemakis’s eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, and a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA).