Hi friends! In this post, which is actually a 30-min video guide, we will see together, step-by-step, how you can easily build a simple image viewer with .NET WinForms and C# in Visual Studio.
Our Simple Image Viewer App’s Functionality
The functionality of the simple image viewer app we will be developing in Visual Studio, using WinForms and C#, will be:
- Open and display image files (*.gif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.bmp, *.wmf, *.png)
- Auto-Size to fit window
.NET Components to be Used
The .NET components used for developing our image viewer app in C#:
- PrintDialog and PrintDocument
Watch the Live Guide of Building the Image Viewer in Visual Studio!
Via the below video, you will see, step by step, how you can implement a simple image viewer app in Visual Studio, using WinForms and C#:
Go One Step Further – Enroll to the Full Course!
This guide, is part of our online course “.NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms (C#)“. You can enroll to the FULL course on Udemy, with a major discount via the below link.
In this course for beginners, you will get started with .NET Windows Forms (WinForms) Programming using Visual Studio and the C# Programming Language. You will learn the basics of .NET Windows Forms, event handling, multithreading and how you can create deployment packages for your .NET Windows Forms programs, directly via Visual Studio, using the ClickOnce component.
Last but not least, throughout the course, we will be developing in different phases, a Text Editor demo app, using Visual Studio, C# and Windows Forms.
Featured Online Courses:
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms (C#)
- The Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot declare instance members in a static class
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA). Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.