Check our Tip of the Week, which this week discusses about the available Visual Studio editions and discuss about their main differences.
Tip of the Week #16
There are 3 Visual Studio editions. There are:
- Community Edition (free)
- In comparison with the other editions, the Community Edition of Visual Studio lacks some features, mainly about: Testing, Cross-Platform development and Debugging. Also, the Community Edition, can be used by non-enterprise organizations, for up to 5 users.
- Professional Edition
- The Professional Edition of Visual Studio, is similar to the Community Edition, with the main difference that it can be used in an Enterprise.
- Enterprise Edition
- This is the most complete edition of Visual Studio, where all features are available.
Get the Infographic!
Enroll to our .NET WinForms Course!
Check our online course “.NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms (C#)“. You can enroll to the full course on Udemy, with a major discount via the below link.
In this course for beginners, you will get started with .NET Windows Forms (WinForms) Programming using Visual Studio and the C# Programming Language. You will learn the basics of .NET Windows Forms, event handling, multithreading and how you can create deployment packages for your .NET Windows Forms programs, directly via Visual Studio, using the ClickOnce component.
Last but not least, throughout the course, we will be developing in different phases, a Text Editor demo app, using Visual Studio, C# and Windows Forms.
Featured Online Courses:
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms (C#)
- The Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped
- Using the C# SqlParameter Object for Writing More Secure Code
- Cannot declare instance members in a static class
- Cannot implicitly convert type ‘string’ to ‘System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn
- The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
- How to Build a Simple Image Viewer with .NET WinForms and C# in Visual Studio
- Tip of the Week No.19 – What is the Database First Workflow in Entity Framework?
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Check out our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior Database and Software Architect, Certified Database, Cloud and AI professional, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.