SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 was just released yesterday (April 7, 2009).
Along with the fixes for known bugs, this Service Pack also adds some new functionality to SQL Server 2008 mainly from the DBA’s perspective.
Microsoft has added new functionality to SQL Server with this service pack. The main new features are:
- Slipstreaming: Allows integrating a SQL Server 2008 update (i.e. Service Pack, Hot Fix, etc.) and the original installation set.
- Ability to uninstall SQL 2008 cumulative updates or service packs from “Programs and Features” in the Control Panel.
- ClickOnce version of Report Builder 2.0.
For more information on what’s new on SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 you can visit the following link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=147331.
The list of bugs that are fixed in SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 can be found on the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968369.
Downloading the Service Pack
You can download the Service Pack from the following link:
Also, you can read the release notes from here.
The SQL Server 2008 SP1 can be used for all the editions of SQL Server 2008.
Strengthen your SQL Server Administration Skills – Enroll to our Online Course!
Check our online course on Udemy titled “Essential SQL Server Administration Tips”
(special limited-time discount included in link).
Via the course, you will learn essential hands-on SQL Server Administration tips on SQL Server maintenance, security, performance, integration, error handling and more. Many live demonstrations and downloadable resources included!
Featured Online Courses:
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to Data Science and SQL Server Machine Learning
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- What are Exactly Orphaned Users in SQL Server?
- How to Patch a SQL Server Failover Cluster
- How to Add a Database to a SQL Server Availability Group Using T-SQL
- Top 10 SQL Server DBA Daily Tasks List
- The “Public” Database Role in SQL Server
- … all our SQL Server Administration Articles
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel (SQLNetHubTV)!
Check our SQL Server Administration articles.
Check out our latest software releases!
Check our eBooks!
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018) and a Udemy Instructor. He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA). Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.