Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) brings another event to you, by/for the Community!
This month’s event features two sessions:
- Microsoft and Openness
- Clustering in SQL Server 2008
The first session, with speaker Andreas Hadjipanayi (Technical Account Manager at the local Microsoft Office in Cyprus) discusses how Microsoft has become more open over time.
The major discussion points during this session are:
- Microsoft’s contribution in standards and open source.
- Microsoft’s commitment to listen to customers who want to deploy cool new solutions that combine Microsoft and other technologies.
- Microsoft’s effort to make the transition to the cloud in an open manner.
The second session, with speaker Michael Theodoulou (MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator and DBA team leader) discusses the several methods that SQL Server 2008 (and R2) offers for High-Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) and how these can be used to maximize application uptime, data availability and reduce data-loss.
Among other, the session will cover installation of a SQL Server 2008 clustered instance:
- Overview of SQL Server clustering. What it is and what it is not.
- Possible configurations of clustered instances.
- Requirements for Windows cluster.
- Requirements for SQL Server 2008 cluster.
- Domain & network requirements.
- Possible issues and troubleshooting steps for AD environments.
- Installation demo.
Topic 1 : Microsoft and Openness
Speaker: Andreas Hadjipanayi (Technical Account Manager at Microsoft-Cyprus)
Topic 2 : Clustering in SQL Server 2008
Speaker: Michael Theodoulou (Leader of the DBA team at a private international organization, MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator)
When: Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Duration: 2 Hours
Where: Microsoft Office (11 Limassol Avenue, Nicosia)
Registration: Please sign-up on the following CDNUG Yahoo poll.
For more details check our website at http://www.cdnug.net.
So, if it happens and you are in Cyprus, join us for our November’s event and learn exciting new things!
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018) and a Udemy Instructor. He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA). Moreover, Artemakis teaches on Udemy, you can check his courses here.