- Create a credential
- Create a Proxy Account that uses the credential you created in the first step
You can then create the credential by providing an identity (i.e. a domain user) along with its password.
- Provide the credential you earlier created
- Enter a description (optional)
- Set the subsystems for which the Proxy Account will be active. These are:
------- ActiveX Script
------- Operating system (CmdExec)
------- Replication Distributor
------- Replication Merge
------- Replication Queue Reader
------- Replication Snapshot
------- Replication Transaction-Log Reader
------- SQL Server Analysis Services Command
------- SQL Server Analysis Services Query
------- SQL Server Integration Services Package
Whenever the specific job step runs, it will be executed in the context of the provided Proxy Account.
* Note that in order to be able to use a Proxy Account in a specific job step, the Proxy Account needs to be activated for the specific subsystem (i.e. Operating system - CmdExec).
I hope you found this post useful!
My Latest Projects:
- DBA Security Advisor: Secure your SQL Server instances against security risks.
- In-Memory OLTP Simulator: Easily benchmark SQL Server's In-Memory OLTP Engine against your custom workload.
- Artemiou SQL Books: Download my latest free books on SQL Server.
- Artemiou Data Tools: See my latest software projects.