This month's event features two sessions:
- Microsoft and Openness
- Clustering in SQL Server 2008
The major discussion points during this session are:
- Microsoft’s contribution in standards and open source.
- Microsoft’s commitment to listen to customers who want to deploy cool new solutions that combine Microsoft and other technologies.
- Microsoft’s effort to make the transition to the cloud in an open manner.
The second session, with speaker Michael Theodoulou (MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator and DBA team leader) discusses the several methods that SQL Server 2008 (and R2) offers for High-Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) and how these can be used to maximize application uptime, data availability and reduce data-loss.
Among other, the session will cover installation of a SQL Server 2008 clustered instance:
- Overview of SQL Server clustering. What it is and what it is not.
- Possible configurations of clustered instances.
- Requirements for Windows cluster.
- Requirements for SQL Server 2008 cluster.
- Domain & network requirements.
- Possible issues and troubleshooting steps for AD environments.
- Installation demo.
Topic 1 : Microsoft and Openness
Speaker: Andreas Hadjipanayi (Technical Account Manager at Microsoft-Cyprus)
Topic 2 : Clustering in SQL Server 2008
Speaker: Michael Theodoulou (Leader of the DBA team at a private international organization, MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator)
When: Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Duration: 2 Hours
Where: Microsoft Office (11 Limassol Avenue, Nicosia)
Registration: Please sign-up on the following CDNUG Yahoo poll.
For more details check our website at http://www.cdnug.net.
So, if it happens and you are in Cyprus, join us for our November's event and learn exciting new things!