A common question I usually get from fellow SQL Server community members, is how to update SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2017?
This is a good question, because since SQL Server 2017 and later, SSRS is no longer part of the SQL Server installation media. To this end, SSRS 2017 and later can be found as standalone installation packages.
Downloading SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2017 and Later
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2017 can be downloaded on this MS download link
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2019 can be downloaded on this MS download link.
Updating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2017 and Later
So the question remains: how can you update SSRS?
If you try to update SSRS 2017 or later, using a SQL Server service pack media or Cumulative Update (CU), the installer will not be finding any SQL Server components/features to update.
So, in order to update SSRS 2017 or later, you just need to download the latest SSRS installer from Microsoft, and run the installation process on the SSRS server to be updated. Then, after running the installer, you will be asked whether you want to proceed with updating the existing SSRS installation or not.
Check our Master Class “Essential SQL Server Administration Tips”
If you really want to learn sophisticated SQL Server administration techniques, then you should check our on-demand online course titled “Essential SQL Server Administration Tips” (special limited-time discount included in link).
Via the course, you will learn essential hands-on SQL Server Administration tips on SQL Server maintenance, security, performance, integration, error handling and more. Many live demonstrations and downloadable resources included!
Featured Online Courses:
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals (SQL Database for Beginners)
- The Philosophy and Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- Introduction to Data Science and SQL Server Machine Learning
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New
- Entity Framework: Getting Started (Ultimate Beginners Guide)
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server
- Get Started with SQL Server in 30 Minutes
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
Related SQL Server Administration Articles:
- Essential SQL Sever Administration Tips
- How to Patch a Standalone SQL Server Instance
- The SQL Server Browser Service and UDP Port 1434
- The Maximum Number of Concurrent Connections Setting in SQL Server
- Top 10 SQL Server DBA Daily Tasks List
- There is no SQL Server Failover Cluster Available to Join
- Encrypting a SQL Server Database Backup
Rate this article:
Reference: SQLNetHub.com (https://www.sqlnethub.com)
Artemakis Artemiou is a Senior SQL Server Architect, Author, and a 9 Times Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). He has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles. Artemakis is the founder of SQLNetHub and TechHowTos.com. Artemakis is the creator of the well-known software tools Snippets Generator and DBA Security Advisor. Also, he is the author of many eBooks on SQL Server. Artemakis currently serves as the President of the Cyprus .NET User Group (CDNUG) and the International .NET Association Country Leader for Cyprus (INETA).