In 2014 I launched Artemiou Data Tools: a brand new community initiative aiming to provide high-quality, simple and still straight-to-the point tools. All tools have and will always have a Community Edition free for all! New websites, new content, new articles, new software and much more is what I recollect for 2014. Another major highlight is my participation to the MS Conference in Cyprus on March 21 2014 as an invited speaker where I talked about #SQLServer 2014 and the In-Memory OLTP Engine – that session was amazing!
Throughout all these years, the interaction with you, the community goes even stronger. This interaction really excites me and gives me strength to move on and come up with more initiatives! The discussions after my sessions in conferences or via your comments in my articles, the email exchange with your questions and topics for discussion and all the rest methods of communication is a unique experience for me and I am proud that I am part of this great SQL Server community.
The year 2015 will be even more powerful! I am planning of releasing the In-Memory OLTP Simulator (stay tuned on this one – it is something really amazing), a new eBook, website, other new tools, articles and much more!
Wishing you a Happy New Year 2015 always in good health and a constant quest for knowledge!
Below are my selected Tweets for 2014!
Blog Posts/Articles and Announcements
- [Blog] How to Import and Export Unstructured Data in SQL Server – FileTables: The Movie! – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-to-import-and-export-unstructured.html #MVPBuzz
- [Blog] CY Hackathon Nov 29-30 2014: A Short Review – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/12/cy-hackathon-nov-29-30-2014-short-review.html #MVPBuzz
- [Blog] Listing all Tables of a Linked Server’s Database – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/10/listing-all-tables-of-linked-servers.html #sqlserver #MVPbuzz
- [Blog] In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server: A Simple Experiment – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/08/in-memory-optimization-in-sql-server.html #MVPBuzz #sqlserver
- [Blog] The Role of Technical Communities – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-role-of-technical-communities.html #MVPBuzz
- The Role of Technical Communities https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140731205229-14765730-the-role-of-technical-communities
- Introducing In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140722190833-14765730-introducing-in-memory-optimization-in-sql-server #MVPBuzz
- The mobile version of my official website is now live! Check it out via a mobile device at: http://www.aartemiou.com #MVPBuzz #Community
- [Blog] New Artemiou Data Tools Release: SQL Multi-Exporter – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-artemiou-data-tools-release-sql.html #SQLServer #Community #MVPBuzz
- [Blog] Modelling Database Creation with the Model System Database in #SQLServer – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/06/modelling-database-creation-with-model.html #MVPBuzz
- [Blog] How to Import and Export Unstructured Data in SQL Server – FileTables – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/05/how-to-import-and-export-unstructured.html #MVPBuzz #SQLServer
- [Blog] Congratulations 2014 Microsoft MVP! – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/04/congratulations-2014-microsoft-mvp.html #SQLServer #MVPBuzz #Community
- [Blog] The In-Memory OLTP Engine in SQL Server 2014: An Overview – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/03/in-memory-oltp-engine-overview.html #MVPBuzz #SQLServer
- Join me at MS Conference on March 21 where I will talk about #SQLServer 2014 and the In-Memory OLTP Engine – http://www.imhbusiness.com/microsoftevent2014 #MVPBuzz
- My new tool, SQL Instance Info Finder (@ArtDataTools), is now generally available and free! http://www.aartemiou.com/datatools/sqlinstanceinfofinder/ #MVPBuzz #SQLServer
- Release date for SQL Instance Info Finder, another #free tool by @ArtDataTools: Wednesday, March 5! http://www.aartemiou.com/datatools/ #fb #MVPBuzz
- [Blog] How to Import and Export Unstructured Data in SQL Server – Part 2 – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-to-import-and-export-unstructured.html #MVPBuzz #fb #SQLServer
- A brand new tool from Artemiou Data Tools is now available: Zero Byte Handler – http://www.aartemiou.com/datatools/zerobytehandler/ #MVPBuzz #Community #Software
- Artemiou Data Tools just got its own Twitter page! Feel free to follow and support my initiative! @ArtDataTools #MVPBuzz #Software #fb
- [Blog] A New Project: Artemiou Data Tools – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/02/my-new-project-artemiou-data-tools.html #MVPBuzz #SQLServer #Free #fb
- Artemiou Data Tools – All my data tools, all free – http://www.aartemiou.com/datatools/ #MVPBuzz #fb #SQLServer #Software
- Artemiou SQL Books – All my published eBooks on SQL Server – http://www.aartemiou.com/sqlbooks/ #SQLServer #MVPBuzz #fb
- My new website is now live! Its purpose is to be used as a hub for SQL Server knowledge and data tools. http://www.aartemiou.com #MVPBuzz #fb
- [Blog] How to Import and Export Unstructured Data in SQL Server – Part 1 – http://aartemiou.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-import-and-export-unstructured.html #SQLServer #MVPBuzz #fb
- [News] I am launching soon two sub-page systems within my official website: (i) Artemiou SQL Books, (ii) Artemiou Data Tools #Community #fb
- Training video by @webucator based on one of my articles on #SQLServer FileTables – http://youtu.be/EtDogRm6Bmk #MVPBuzz
- Congratulations to the winners of CY Windows Hackathon for the amazing apps and congrats to all for the great ideas and effort! Keep it up!
- This weekend, I will be one of the judges of #Windows Hackathon. Happy coding to all the contestants! https://www.showshappening.com/Microsoft-Cyprus/Windows-Hackathon #MVPBuzz
- Today it’s my #twitterversary! 5 years of tweeting!
- My curation on In-Memory Optimization in #SQLServer 2014 on Curah! – http://curah.microsoft.com/195113/inmemory-optimization-in-sql-server #MVPBuzz
- The data export tool just became a multi-exporter! New release date: Thursday, June 26!
- Tomorrow, @ArtDataTools releases a brand new free data tool that allows the user to easily export data from #SQLServer to Excel! #MVPBuzz
- I have just been re-awarded as a Microsoft #SQLServer MVP for the sixth year in a row! https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Artemakis%20Artemiou-4025119 #MVPBuzz
- Are you ready for tomorrow’s public release of #SQLServer 2014? 😉 Are you ready for the In-Memory OLTP Engine? 🙂 #MVPBuzz
- Personal website updated with new content: http://www.aartemiou.com/ #MVPBuzz #Community #SQLServer
- Written 10K lines of C# / SQL code so far…the In-Memory OLTP Simulator for #SQLServer started taking form! More news soon! #MVPBuzz #fb
- Working on my session for #Microsoft Conference 2014 in Cyprus…with 4 hours of sleep and my 5th cup of coffee 🙂 #MVPBuzz #SQLServer
- [News] My personal website enriched with my SQL Books and Data Tools launches next week on Feb 5! #MVPBuzz #SQLServer #Community #fb
- Artemiou Data Tools: My collection of S/W tools that I develop and have to do with data processing and SQL Server interaction #MVPBuzz #fb
- Artemiou SQL Books: My current and upcoming books on different SQL Server topics #Community #fb #MVPBuzz
- UI design takes so much time! Can’t I just write the code? 🙂
- A must-read: The Humble Programmer by Edsger W. Dijkstra – http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD03xx/EWD340.html #fb
- Remember the game Gorillas in QBasic back in 1991? My first steps in Computing 🙂 Play the game! http://www.kongregate.com/games/moly/gorillas-bas #MVPBuzz
- Sometimes, exception handling in software development takes much, but much longer than the actual development! 🙂 #MVPBuzz
- Setting up a Win Srv 2K12 R2 VM in Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 8.1 box while developing! Extremely fast, extremely smooth! #MVPBuzz
- Just used Telerik’s free tool JustDecompile. Cool tool! #Community
- Doing some serious development in Visual Studio 2013 running on Windows 8.1 x64 with Update 1. This is smooth! 🙂 #MVPBuzz
- Into deep development on In-Memory OLTP Simulator. Developing a plug-in engine… #MVPBuzz #SQLServer #fb
- #Microsoft Conference was a big success today! Thank you for attending my session on #SQLServer In-Memory OLTP Engine! #MVPBuzz
- Everything is ready for my session at the MS Conference 2014! My In-Mem OLTP Simulator for #SQLServer is ready for some demos! #MVPBuzz
- Just backed up and restored a SQL 2014 database from Windows Azure storage to my local SQL Server installation! Pretty cool! 🙂 #MVPBuzz
Recommended eBooks on SQL Server: