- Staging tables (i.e. DW)
- High data insert rate (i.e. smart metering)
- Low latency execution (i.e. investment trading)
Since the early releases (previews, CTPs, RCs) of SQL Server 2014, I have been studying and testing the In-Memory OLTP Engine and of course the inevitable came: I became a fun of it!
Throughout the hundreds of experiments I ran against the In-Memory OLTP Engine, the idea of developing a special simulation tool came up and this is what I am presenting today.
After almost two years of development, today I’m presenting "In-Memory OLTP Simulator".
|Figure 1: In-Memory OLTP Simulator Start Page.|
- Memory-Optimized with Natively-Compiled Stored Procedure
|Figure 2: In-Memory OLTP Simulator Simulation Page.|
- Community Edition: This is the free version of the tool where basic functionality is enabled.
- Ultimate Edition: This edition contains all the basic functionality plus the ability to create/modify and import/export custom scenarios as well as have access to more analytics. The Ultimate Edition of In-Memory OLTP Simulator can be very useful for organizations or individuals that want to create custom scenarios and simulate real Production data and processes with using In-Memory Optimization in SQL Server.
|Figure 3: In-Memory OLTP Simulator Simulation Page After Running a Simulation Multiple Times.|